Deficiency Hypothesis

Deficiency hypothesis is stated by Bernstein. He stressed that there are people who don’t have enough input in the childhood but can become big-sharps after growing up. That is, we should not examine one person with low IQ or EQ and make conclusion to his expectation. Bernstein wanted us not to look at IQ too serious that it may affect those people with low IQ. On the other hand, we should provide what we can to help students in many ways. I believe what he had said is true, but I have other thinking as well. Looking at people around me, some of them have high IQ, but can’t do a thing. I don’t know how to call those people freak. As myself, I don’t have any problem, I have neither high IQ, nor low IQ. But it is interesting to study what have happened with them, though I believe the assessment from the tests being correct. I think people are varied that some tend to develop in different ways, and we should keep in mind not to distort their nature and destiny. I am fateful person, but I know the social process can make a huge difference for everybody. There are other theories from Bernstein, but I would rather mention this one here only, deficiency hypothesis.

沒有留言:

張貼留言