General English Proficient Test

Yesterday, I participated the General English Proficient Test(GEPT 全民英檢). I felt exhausted after the test. This was a follow-up test which included only writing and speaking. I think I did pretty well on the writing test. There was only two questions, one was translation from Chinese to English and the other was compostion. On the speaking, it was a nightmare. I didn't know the rules until the exam had started. We had to reply to the questions in different periods of time. Some take 15 seconds, while some need 30 seconds. I remember I got some cut-off when I spoke at the midway. It was hard to control the timing. It should be called beating the clock or storming your brain. GEPT mainly assesses the living spoken English because no harsh words appeared. Anyway, I am glad it is over. I hope I don't need to trudge it over.

1 則留言:

  1. Hi, I am trying to put my memory together. There were questions in last Saturday test (GEPT high intermediate level) which I am listing as following.
    (1) Have you ever subscribed magzines before? If yes, why do you do that?
    (2) Do you have friends selling insurances? Do you tend to buy insurance from your friends? Why?
    (3) Many people nowaday prefer eating organic food. Why do they do that? Do you like to buy organic food. Why?
    (4) Some children would rather be enrolled in a city, while other study in rural region. Do you like to let your kids study in a city or rural place? What are the advantages of that?
    I am sorry these are what I can think of right now.^^
    Last, I think listening is on top of speaking. If one couldn't understand what questions are, he won't anwser the questions precisely, agree? Later.

    回覆刪除