Alice In the Wonderland

Today the story for my students is "Alice in the wonderland." I think I did it pretty well. Actually, I have listened to this story for about a hundred times. I listen to the story audio CD again and again for many years, because it is so glamorous and sounded which also have improved my listening ability. The original story of "Alice in the wonderland" is somehow complicated to comprehand. Last week, I found another edition with audio CD in it made by local distribution and it was on sales for 49 NT dollors. I bought it immediately and also bought other three same type of colorful books. On the next day, I went to the store to buy other fifteen books, mostly fairtales. I have spent too much time from internet searching tales to tell for my students. I need pictures along with audio to prepare before my presentation. Now, I am better equiped as a story teller, I recken, from those books.

http://iamlearningenglish.blogspot.com/

2 則留言:

  1. Hi Peng,
    To improve listening comprehension, one should know his own level, then choose one audio CD that has a little hard only above his level. I think listening to CD is the way for me to learn, but it may not suit for other people like you. I purchased those CD's made by 幼福文化 from 愛買, which mainly for me to make speech for elementry students. However, I suggest you go to 敦煌書局, buy some story books with tape or CD made by Oxford which comes out with different level. I tried listening to "Alice in the wonderland" without looking the book for many many times. If you have any question, feel free to leave your message here.:-)

    回覆刪除
  2. Hi Peng,
    Many people think my listening is good, but I still listen to level one and two, such as Tom sewyer, the piano, the wizard of oz, and so on. When we listen to English speaking, we have no time to think what the words are. They are all come out from automatic response, yet we need to grasp the meaning and memorize the context for later entering the answer sheet. some words you may know from reading, but you don't know while listening or how to speak out with them. If I were you, I would buy level one or two. Try not to read the book first and see the outcome. Good luck!

    回覆刪除