My presentation as a practice teacher

My presentation was over nicely. I was released from then. It went as expected, but my professor commented more than complimented. I didn't care that at all, because he said at last that I was all right as a whole.
I set up my presentation to begin with a chant and a story, which mainly tried to motivate students. I thought elementary students' goal should focus on their interests on studying English. My professor insisted presenter should express his/her ability on the stage, but not how students have learned during the session. I didn't agree with that. Even though it was only a presentation, I still stopped many times when students seemed couldn't catch with their study. I taught lesson five which was ahead of their normal schedule. Now, I have done as a practice teacher and will move on to my next prospect. God bless me.

2 則留言:

  1. Wao Paul
    It sounds quite never-wracking! If I were you, I would have trouble to sleep prior to that day! cuz you really can't predict what kind of situation can happen during your presentation. But I think if a teacher can handle students really well, then he should have no problem! It is really difficult to decide whether to insist making a student understand the target knowledge or to ignore problems for just to carry out the presentation smoothly when someone is WATCHING U, isn't it?! Anyway, Congratulations to your relief.

    Stella

    回覆刪除
  2. Thanks a lot. Though it isn't predictable, the presentation still can be controlled with care. Practice makes perfect seems fit quite right, doesn't it?

    回覆刪除