The Frog Prince Continued

The Frog Prince Continued
Narrator: The Princess kissed the frog. He turned into a prince. And they lived happily ever after. But, in fact, they were so unhappy and they don’t know why and what to do.)
Scene One ~in the castle, daytime.
(The Princess sits in front of the dressing table and two maidservants are combing her hair.) Maidservant 1: Dear Princess, your hair looks so beautiful.
Maidservant 2: Yes, so dark and shining. We like to comb your hair.
(The Frog Prince hops around in the castle.)
Maidservant 1: Look at your husband! He is a prince, not a frog. He has to pay attention on his behaviors.
Maidservant 2: No, no, no. He can’t hop around. You have to stop him.
The Princess: Oh, my dear, I would prefer that you not hop around. Find something else to do, will you?
The Prince: But, honey, I can’t help it! It’s fun.
The Princess: And how come you never want to go down to the pond anymore?
The Prince: Because I don’t want to. Look at me. I can hop high.
The Prince: Hey, you two, come. Hop with me.
The Princess: Honey, stop hopping. I mean “Now”. You look very stupid. (Speaks with anger)
The Prince: All right. All right.
The Princess: That’s my good husband. (Smiles and satisfies.)
The Princess: Honey, come here. Sit with me.
(The Frog Princess starts to stick out his tongue for feeling bored.)
The Princess: Sweetie, stop sticking your tongue out like that, would you?
The Princess: And it might be nice if you got out of the castle to slay a dragon or giant or whatever.
The Prince: Yeah! OK. If I could kill them with my tongue. (answers with impatience)
(Suddenly the Prince sees a fly and starts to chase it.)
The Prince: Ha, stop. Freeze.
Maidservant1&2: Oh, no. Not again.
The Princess: Honey, what are you doing?
The Prince: Oh, no. My precious baby. It’s gone.(With disappointment)
The Prince: You….(With anger)
The Princess: What?
The Prince: Nothing. I’m going to the pond.
The Princess: Yeah, have fun, then.
The Princess: I’m so angry! I need to go to bed to catch some sleep or I’ll get more wrinkles on my face.
(at night)
(The Frog Prince comes back from the pond)
Prince: I’m so tired. (yarns)
(on the bed)
(The prince is on the bed with wheels and the Princess turns the body over and over again.)
Princess: Oh, no! This is going to drive me crazy! I can’t sleep.
Princess: Honey! Wake up!
Prince: Um. Yummy. Yummy.
(The Prince keeps sleeping and snores even louder, and then the Princess kicks him out of the bed.)
Prince: What happened? Earthquake?
Princess: That’s it! I can’t tolerate it anymore!
Princess: First you drive me crazy by hopping around, doing nothing, and chasing flies, and then you keep me awake all night with your horrible, croaking snore.
Princess: I can’t believe I actually kissed your slimy frog lips.
Princess: Maybe it would be better if you were still a frog.
Prince: Still a frog… Yes, Croak. That’s it.
(The Prince runs out of the castle into the forest with retinues.)
Princess: Where are you going? Don’t you dare come back!
(Narrator: The Prince runs off into the forest, looking for a witch who could turn him back into a frog.)

Scene two ~ In the forest

(The Frog Prince and two retinues wonder in the forest.)
Retinue 1: Look, who is that?
Retinue 2 : Ahem! There she is.
Prince: Miss Witch, Miss Witch, excuse me, Miss Witch. I’m the Frog Prince. I wonder if you could help me?
Witch 1: Say, you’re not looking for a princess to kiss, are you?
Prince: Oh, no. I’ve already been kissed. I’m the Frog Prince. Actually, I was hoping you could turn me back into a frog.
Witch 1 That’s funny. You don’t look like a frog. Well, no matter. If you’re a prince, you’re a prince. And I’ll have to cast a nasty spell on you.
Witch 1: Instead of a prince, you are a frog.
Prince: Oops, something is wrong, I’m not a frog, I’m a snake.
Retinue 1: Oh, my god. I have a dread of snakes. Get it away.
Witch 1: Oh, sorry, my mistake. Ok, let me try it again. Instead of a prince, you are a frog.
(The snake turns into a bird._
Prince: Look at me. I’m a bird. I can fly high.
Retinue 1: That’s cool.(clapping)
Retinue 2: I wish I could be a bird, too.
Vendor: Bird barbecue! Bird barbecue!
Retinue 1: Look out, my Prince.
Vendor: Oh, It’s gone. Today is not my lucky day.
Prince: Help me, help me. I don’t want to be a bird. (crying)
Retinue 2: Could you please be kind to turn the Prince back?
Witch 1 : All right! I’ll try. Instead of a bird, you can become a prince.
(The bird turns back into the Frog Prince)
The Prince: Oh, I’m back.
Retinue 1: I think we should leave.
Witch 1: Wait, please don’t go. Let me try it again and I promise it will work this time.
Prince: No, no, no. Thanks!
Princess; Why are we so unhappy? Is it true that I shouldn’t get married?
Witch 2 : Do you know who I am? I’m the Queen. Mirror!
Mirror: Yes, I’m here.
Witch 2; Mirror, mirror. Who is the most beautiful woman in the world?
Mirror: Of course, it’s Snow White.
Witch 2: What? Say that again!
Mirror: Oh, no, it’s you. Repulsive and Ravishing Queen.
Witch 2: Yes, I’m the most beautiful woman in the world unless there is a Prince coming to rescue the Snow White.
Prince: Miss Witch, excuse me, Miss Witch. I wonder if you could help me.
Witch 2 Eh? What did you say? A Prince?
Prince: Yes, and I’m looking for a witch who can turn me back into a frog so I can live happily ever after.
Witch 2: Frog Prince, you say? That’s funny. Well, no matter. If you’re a prince, you’re a prince. And, I can’t have any prince rescuing Snow White. Here, eat the rest of this apple.
(The Witch 2 tries to force the Prince to swallow the half apple.)
Witch 2: Come on! Do you want to be as pretty as the Snow White? Eat it!
Retinue 2: Don’t eat it, my Prince. It’s poisonous!
Prince: Oh, no thank you.
Witch 2: Wait, eat this apple.
(The Prince runs without rest and then stops to take a deep breath.)
Princess: Will it be better for us to live happily if we were both frogs?
Witch : Candy house, candy house. This is my delicious candy house. Come on, children. Come to my candy house.
Witch 3: But… Oh, dear! I’ve been starved for a long time since Hansel and Gretel managed to escape from this house.
Witch 3 Oh, there is a bone on the floor. It’s been eaten. No meat.
Retinue 1: Look! There is a strange looking house.
Retinue 2: And there is a witch!
Prince: Madam, I wonder if you could help me? I am the Frog….
Witch 3: If you are a frog, I’m the queen of France.
Retinue 1: He is not a frog. He is the Frog Prince.
Retinue 2: And he needs a witch to turn him back into a frog.
Retinue 1: So that he can live happily with the Princess ever after.
Retinue 1 : Can you do it?
Witch 3: Why not, of course, dear. Come right in. You must be tired.
Retinue 2: My Prince, this house seems very familiar.
Prince: Yes, excuse me. Madam. Do you happen to know any children by the name of Hansel and Gretel?
Witch 2: Yes, Prince darling, I do. I’m expecting them for my dinner. And you will be my lunch!
Prince: Stop her.
Retinue 1&2: Run, my Prince. Run!
Witch 3: Don’t go, My lunch.

Scene three ~In the forest

Prince: Oh, what an idiot I’ve been.
Prince: I miss Princess so much. I could be sitting at home with the Princess, living happily ever after.
Retinue 1 : But, now, we are stuck here in the middle of this stupid forest.
Retinue 2 : I want to go home.
Prince: Maybe I shouldn’t hop around and do nothing.
Retinue 1 : Maybe you should slay a dragon or a giant for the Princess.
The Prince: Or maybe I should have been more considerate and more thoughtful of her.
Prince, Retinue 1&2: We miss her.
Prince: Let’s go home.
Princess: I shouldn’t be so been to the Prince.
Princess; Oh gosh, where is my Prince?
(The Prince and Retinues come back.)
Princess: Honey, where have been?
Princess: I’ve been worried sick. What happened to you?
Prince: Oh, my dear, you are not going to believe it. It’s a long story. But, I missed you so much and I found out something…
Princess: What is it?
Prince: I really love you.
Princess: I love you, too.
(Then the prince kisses the Princess and they both turn into frogs and hop away.)
(Narrator: Since then, the Prince and the Princess live happily ever after.)
The End.

沒有留言:

張貼留言