May Lyn: A Lost Cause

lyrics: My mother holds me close to her side, as I stare at my father lying so so still Daddy's eyes are open, he has no expression his face is white as a stone He's gonna lie down forever where they left him by the road Take a look at what's been done, now we've nowhere to go Tale a look at the mess that's been made now there's nowhere to call home Just go ahead, send out your men Just go ahead, fire your guns, drop your bombs As you stand tall As you look proud Only fighting for a lost cause I remember when he used to make me these little toys that winded up He was a smart man I want to be just like him when I grow up Take a look at what's been done, now there's nowhere to go Tale a look at the mess that's been made now there's nowhere to call home Just go ahead, send out your men Just go ahead, fire your guns, drop your bombs As you stand tall As you look proud Only fighting for a lost cause No respect for our property No respect for our homes No respect for my family Now they're all gone It's all gone It's all gone It's all gone Just go ahead, send out your men Just go ahead, fire your guns, drop your bombs As you stand tall As you look proud Only fighting for a lost cause

沒有留言:

張貼留言