Rhythm of Education

Who said the words, "rhythm of education"? He is Alfred N. Whitehead. Today, I want to write his name on my reflection. I am obliged to him because he also mentioned the thought of western society was only two routes, one is Plato's idealism and the other is Aristotle's realism. I didn't take western literature course, so I couldn't know very well about the content. I had tried hard to study educational philosophy, but in vain, there were so many theories and names assoicated with. After I read Whitehead's comment, I realized the simplicity of the western culture. When I followed my study, I also found the great Chinese didn't go as two routes as western thought. Chinese tended to ride on the idealism for many century. However, the generation proceed as we live now is no long as simple as what Whitehead used to say, two routes only. The post-modernism is developing into a variety. We no long live with philosophy, and we need to examine the enviroment around us. In the end, we have to take account for other theory like critical theory, phenomenology, and Hermenentics. Life becomes complicated, doesn't it?

沒有留言:

張貼留言