Woodcutter

With selfless intentions,, we will be showered with blessings.(34) The Honest Woodcutter in Aesop’s Fable Honesty is rewarded with kindness. Once upon a time, there were a woodcutter and his wife. They had three children. The family lived in a little house near the forest. Saturday was market day. Many people from the villages nearby. Went to town to buy and sell things. The woodcutter arose early in the morning. He yawned, stretched, and put on his work trousers. His wife set up in bed and watched her husband get ready for the day. I will go to the forest at once. Many people will go to the market today. They will want to buy firewood to cook their food. Work hard today husband. We only have three stale pieces of bread and a half a stick of butter. Please bring home money for food. Our children are hungry. I will do wife. I will bring you home four fat turkeys for dinner. The woodcutter walked as fast as he could to the forest. He began chopping wood as soon as he got there. Unfortunately the head of his axe was loose. It fell into a lake nearby. The woodcutter dived into the water. Yet, he could not find his axe. He dived again and again. Soon he felt tired and cold. So he sit on the bank of the lake. The woodcutter was very sad. Oh, no. I will not have any wood to sell today. How shall I get the money to buy the beautiful fat turkey I promised my wife. We will starve. At that moment a lovely fairy appeared from behind a tree. Kind Sir, why are you crying? My axe fell into the water without my axe, I cannot well wood to the people at the market. I’m poor. I need to feed my family. I promised my wife of fat turkey for dinner. The fairy looked at the man with compassion. Then she lifted into the air and gracefully dived into the lake. She came out of the water holding a golden axe. Is this your axe? Oh, no. I’m sorry, but that is not my axe. My axe does not made of gold. The fairy jumped into the lake again. Soon she came out with a silver axe. Is this your axe? Oh, no. That’s not mine either. My axe is not made of silver. My axe is a common axe made of wood and iron. The fairy jumped again into the water. Then she came back with an iron axe. Is this the one? The woodcutter fell to his knees. His eyes were filled with tears of joy. Yes, it is. That’s my iron axe. Thank you kind fairy. I will be able to chop wood. You are honest man. Because of your honesty, you may have the gold and silver axe, too. You may sell them. The good axe would sell a lot of money at the market. You will have plenty of food to feed your family tonight. So, the man spend all day chopping wood he work twice as hard, Because of his joy. That night, after selling all his wood and axes at the market, he came home with two big beautiful turkeys for his wife and children.

沒有留言:

張貼留言