Autobiography

(1)Good afternoon everyone, my name is Paul SHIH. I am teaching at Ming-Chien Elementary School in Nan Tou county now. I’m very popular there, especially kindergarten kids. They all like my fairytale story and sing English song. When I am telling story, I often ask them to go forward and act during the instruction.
(2)I had been studying abroad in the USA. I graduated at the Univ. of North Carolina with a master degree of CHEMISTRY. Then, I’d worked as a chemist at the Du Pont Company for two years in Wilmington, Delaware.
(3)After returning back to Taiwan, I worked for Taiwan Rubber Company in Kaohsiung and government in the Industrial Technology and Research Institute in Hsin Chu and also worked for Pau-Chen Shoe Company as Director of R&D department. I enjoy in making new products for better future. Nevertheless, I found my working style conflict with family matters, which bother me time after time.
(4)One day, when I accompanied my daughter to her kindergarten school. I was immediately attracted by their teaching activity and I thought to myself. “Isn’t it great that I become an English teacher?” because I always like to get along with kids.
Then, I managed to become a sub English teacher in I-Kou elementary school by passing recruiting test. After that, I entered Teacher program in the Chia-I Univ. and obtained the teacher certificate. It has been five years since then.
(5)Now that, I teach kids in the school and at home, I compare their discrepancies. Why some children can learn very well, while others have difficulties in their study. I know two classes per week isn’t enough to make students English proficiency. They need more inputs, but they have no extra hours. Thus, English teacher can help to provide more interesting subjects beyond the text book. We should promote students’ interest and motivation. This is also my target to create their enthusiasm in the classroom. In the end, I hope I can continue my teaching career next semester with nice colleagues here. Thank you.

5 則留言:

  1. (1) Good morning, my name is Paul. I am from Chang-hwa County, Now I’m teaching English at the Ming-Sheng Elementary School in Nan Tou City as an English sub teacher. Our school has about forty classes, it’s a medium large size school in the area. From this semester, the fifth and sixth grader their English classes have been increased from 2 to 3 per week. It seems elementary school want students to learn more English, and the result is quite prominent where students like to learn English. If you ask them, “what is your most favorite course at the school”. Many will tell you, “English is my most interesting subject at the school”.
    (2) In the past, I had been studying abroad in the USA. I went to the Univ. of North Carolina at Chapel Hill and earned a master degree in CHEMISTRY. After graduation, I’d worked as a chemist at the Du Pont Company for two more years in the USA.
    (3) Upon returning back to Taiwan, I worked for Taiwan Rubber Company in Kaohsiung City and a government founded organization, the Industrial Technology and Research Institute in Hsin Chu City. I also worked for Pau-Chen Shoe Company as Director of R&D department. I enjoyed in making new products for better future. Nevertheless, I found my working hour conflicted with family matters, which bothered me from time to time.
    (4) One day, when I accompanied my daughter to her kindergarten school. I was immediately attracted by kindergarten’s activity. So, I asked myself, “Isn’t that great if I become an English teacher also?” Because I always get along with kids very well. Then, I managed to become a sub English teacher in the elementary school, the next year, I entered Teacher program at the Chia-I Univ. to earn my teacher certificate. It has been five years since then.
    (5) I teach English at the school. In the English class, I often tell kids fairytale story and sing English song. One of my students’ parent just wrote an email to thank me for letting students sing English song and having great activity. I think kids need more inputs in the class. As English teacher, we should provide more interesting activities beyond the text book. I think I can promote students’ motivation. However, to stay and continue teaching English in elementary school, I need an English certificate. That’s why I m here. I hope I can pass this oral exam with highly expectation. Thank you for your consideration.

    回覆刪除
  2. (1) Good morning, my name is Paul. I am from Chang-hwa County, Now I’m teaching English at the Ming-Sheng Elementary School in Nan Tou City as a sub English teacher. Our school has about forty classes, it’s a medium large size school in the area. From this semester, Our school increases the English classes for the fifth and sixth grader from 2 to 3 per week. It seems elementary school want students to learn more English, and the result is quite prominent where students like to learn English. If you ask them, “what is your most favorite course at the school”. Many will tell you, “English is one of my favorite.
    (2) In the past, I had been studying abroad in the USA. I went to the Univ. of North Carolina at Chapel Hill and earned a master degree in CHEMISTRY. After graduation, I stay in the USA and work as a chemist for two more years.
    (3) When I returned back to Taiwan, I worked in the chemical industry. Nevertheless, I found my working hour conflicted with family matters, which bothered me from time to time. I wondered if I would switch my career.
    (4) One day, when I accompanied my daughter to her kindergarten school. I was immediately attracted by kindergarten’s activity. So, I told to myself, “Isn’t that great if I become an English teacher also?” Because I always get along with kids very well. Then, I managed to become a sub English teacher in the elementary school, the next year, I entered Teacher program at the Chia-I Univ. to earn my teacher certificate. It has been five years since then.
    (5) In the English class, I often tell kids stories and sing some English songs. I think kids need more inputs in the class. As English teachers, we should provide more interesting activities beyond the text book. I think I can promote students’ motivation and enthusiasm. However, to stay and continue teaching English in elementary school, I need an English certificate. That’s why I m here. I hope I can pass this oral exam with highly expectation. Thank you for your time and consideration.

    回覆刪除
  3. 98
    Good afternoon, my name is Paul SHIH. In the past, I had been studying abroad to the USA. There, I earned a master degree in CHEMISTRY. After graduation, I started my working experience in the USA for two year. Though I had returned back to Taiwan with personal reason. I found being able to speak English was a plus to me.
    (2)I remembered many years ago, when I accompanied my daughter to her kindergarten school. I was attracted by their English class. I thought to myself. “Isn’t that great if I also become an English teacher?” because I always like to teach others English and I can get along with kids very well.
    (3)Then, I manage to become a sub English teacher. I entered Teacher program at the Chia-I Univ. and earned a teacher certificate. It has been five years since then. Now, I teach English in the elementary school.
    (4)I think English teacher should provide more interesting subjects beyond the text book. It is my duty to call students’ attention and maintain their enthusiasm in the classroom. I wish I can continue teaching at the elemenary school, which is my interest and specialty now. Thank you for your listening and consideration.

    回覆刪除
  4. (4)I think English teacher should provide more interesting subjects beyond the text book. It is my duty to call students’ attention and maintain their enthusiasm in the classroom. Many of my students always told me that I made English class more joy and laugh. One parent came to me, and told to me, “Are you the English teacher at school.” I noded. She said her kid had made me as his great idol. It was a satisfaction. I wish I can continue teaching at the elemenary school, which is my interest and specialty now. Thank you for your listening and consideration.

    回覆刪除
  5. 98(1) Good afternoon, my name is PAUL. In the past, I had been studying abroad. I went to the University of North Carolina and earned my master degree in Chemistry. After graduation, I stayed there and started my working experience. Though, I returned back to Taiwan after two years, I had improved my English ability a lot.

    (2) I remember several years ago, when I accompanied my daughter to her kindergarten school, I was attracted by the activities in her English class. I said to myself, “Isn’t that great if I also be an English teacher.” Since I liked to teach English, and I got along with kids very well.

    (3) Then I managed to enter the Teacher program at the university of Chia-I university and obtained a teacher certificate. Now I have taught at the elementary school for five years and gained many valuable teaching techniques.

    (4) I think English teacher should speak English fluently and provide more interesting subject for students. It’s our duties to call students’ attention and maintained their enthusiasm throughout the class. Many of my students had told me that I made English more like music or PE classes. If you asked what is your favorite class at school. Many of them will reply English is their most interesting class.

    (5) Last year, one of my student’s parent came to school and asked me while I was on duty as traffic guard. “Are you the new English teacher?” I said, “Yes, I am.” She continued, “my kid worship you deeply and greatly, do you know?” I’m satisfied by this kind of incidence. Students always referred me as the English teacher who could tell ghost and fairytale. I like to teach kids English and hope I can continue my interest and specialty. Thank you for your time and consideration.

    回覆刪除