The magic girl

“The magic girl”

Long ago, in a mountain, there lived a bad witch who came to a small village and kidnapped a girl as her slave. The girl nevertheless was so pretty that the witch dared not to harm her. But, she was kept in the cave and there was no way out except the front door.

One day, the witch left home with a broom and locked the front door behind her. The girl was alone by herself. Not so long when she inspected the house, she found the magic book that the witch owned. She read the book and knew the book could help her with a little of magic. She held the book and read, “a bite of mushroom can make you smaller, and another bite of mushroom can make you larger.” She found a mushroom right beside her. She put the magic book into her pocket.

She ate the mushroom, then she became smaller and smaller. She was about one inch high then. She ran away through a small hole. “The hole is just right size for her to run away from the witch’s cave house.” She forgot to carry the other piece of mushroom and left right away.

However, this hole didn’t lead her directly to the outside. “I wonder where the hole is going to.” “But, now I am so tiny. I am smaller than caterpillar.” She murmured.

Suddenly, a great mouse rash to push her to the ground, “I want to eat you little thing. No, you are so pretty, I dare not to harm. Instead, I want you to be my son’s bride.” “I don’t want to be your son’s bride.” The little girl was crying but she was so little to run away.

When the sun rose, the son mouse told the little girl, “My mother is still sleeping. You quickly go away.” She was free and walked away from the mouse hole. However, she met a frog instantly. The frog took her to the river. “You are so beautiful, and I dare not to harm you, but I want you to be my son’s bride.” “I don’t want to be your son’s bride.” The little girl was crying again. Fortunately, a crab and a fish helped her to get away from the mother frog.

She thought she had to go back to the witch’s cave house to have the other piece of mushroom. But she didn’t know where she was then. The next, she met a swallow, can you take me to the witch’s cave house?” she asked. “Yes, but I am wound. You see, my left wing is broken. You can live and wait with me for a week.” “No, I have to go back before the witch come back to the house.”

Then, there came a butterfly. She learned what had happened to the little girl. “Ok, I fly you there. In an hour, they reached the cave house and took away the other piece of mushroom.

The butterfly flew the little girl back to her home. The little girl became normal size after she ate the mushroom. She wondered the witch would come back. When she reached her pocket, she found the magic book be with her all along. She read the magic book and knew how to cope with the bitch later on.

When the witch returned to the village, she found the village bewitched and decided not coming here anymore. The village therefore was free from the harassment of the witch. Anyone in the village named the little girl, “the magic girl”.

~The end.

沒有留言:

張貼留言