The New Year and New Semester

This semester has just begun, but I haven't gotten the new textbook. I without many choices but asked students to sing a nursery song, "Sing a song of sixpence". Actually, I planned to teach this song last semester, but students wanted to continue the pop songs of Westlife. I smelled that they couldn't handle the pop songs yet, because they lacked of vocabulary. This nursery song however is quite suitable for them. You can check out this song through YOUTUBE.^^
Other than that, I demand them to learn English by listening to CD, with a nice article. They don't know learning English is better to start with listening. I sincerely hope they could listen to more English this semester.

The lunar new year passed quietly. Our family had union dinner together that some people had added to our big family. Two of my nephews married last year. Father was illed for years, but he seemed to notice the union dinner without expression. Doctor warned us about his health.
Besides, I had another union feast from my old baseball team. Many of them came back from China. They all had great business running and they came back every lunar year. It was great feeling to chat once in a year. We had been working so hard to compete with other teams in our childhood and appreciated the moment to stay around nowadays.

Yesterday was 01 09, lunar new year. I couldn't believe this big day wasn't in my calendar. It used to a big day to worthship around my family. Let begone be gone.

沒有留言:

張貼留言