My community and me

“My community and me”


Good morning. Ladies and Gentlemen, my number is 33. Today, I am going to tell you about, “My community and me”.

Last year, my father started volunteering as a story teller in a local library. Every Saturday morning, I accompanied him to his class. Father introduced me to the class, saying that I would be his helper. From that moment, I felt helpful and got along well with everybody in the class.

During proceedings, I helped father distribute papers and show flash cards on the blackboard. I made many friends in the class and gradually this weekend class became my community. Most of the attendants are kids who live in the local community.

Father always encouraged the class to help sorting books donated to the library or cleaning the garbage around the library. Sometimes we had to work hard, but most of the class didn’t think they would enjoy the experience. We had to gather for work after each lesson. In the end, we all have fun working with each other, because we had learned how to cooperate and help each other.

After a while, I was asked to represent my community as a leader. I've learned how to be more assertive and responsible working with them, and I've gotten better at public speaking. I began to volunteer for more work during the weekend. Since I had an interest in working with children, I helped some children with their homework and school assignments.

My biggest accomplishment was to persuade more children to join our community. I enjoyed meeting different kids. Our community is like a family. I was so delighted to be part of this community. It was a place to learn, to spread love, and to have fun. I strongly believe that our dedication will help make a better tomorrow for me and everyone. Thank you for listening.

沒有留言:

張貼留言